Our Values & Principles
NEED TO INCREASE TEXT SIZE?
HOLD DOWN THE CTRL BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD AND THEN PRESS THE + KEY AS MANY TIMES AS YOU NEED
The Values of Inclusion emphasises universal rights and needs – all means all – and places the responsibility on the whole of society to make this possible.
- Everyone needs to be with other people and be a part of everyday connections and relationships.
- Everyone is ready to be part of community now – people do not need to be ‘made ready’.
- Everyone needs support of some kind in their lives; some just need more than others.
- Everyone has gifts and capabilities and we start with what people can do, and value their contributions, rather than starting with what people can’t do.
- Circles of Support are used as a model of decision making.
- Inclusion celebrates difference and welcomes diversity, it does not seek to ignore differences or ‘make everyone the same’.
- Communities are better places for all to live in when people who historically were segregated into ‘special services’ are re-connected to the mainstream of everyday life.
- The Principle of Person Centred Planning which places the person at the centre of service design and delivery is the foundation of our organisation.
0131 477 6501
Office C, 2 Quayside Mills, Quayside Street, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6EX
© Inclusion Alliance Established 1997. Scottish Charity No. SC026889. Company Limited by Guarantee Co. No. SC206865